Mauricio Velásquez is the President of Spanish Translation Services (STS) and the Diversity Training Group (DTG) in Herndon, VA. Mauricio serves as a Spanish translator, diversity trainer, sexual harassment prevention trainer, executive coach, mentoring trainer, expert witness, and assists organizations with multicultural marketing,
selling, and customer service.
STS’s clients include small and large, public and private organizations. A partial list includes National Wildlife Federation, Belmont Nursery, American Nursery and Landscape Association, Manor View Farm, Doerler Landscape, Southern Management Community, Cousin’s Subs, Solar Gardens, Betten Landscape Design, The Care of Trees, Wood Acres Tree Specialists, Babikou Greenhouses, and Bissett Nursery Corporation.
bilingual and has lived abroad in several foreign countries and traveled to nearly thirty countries on three continents.
- a graduate of the University of Virginia (B.A. Economics and Psychology) and The George Washington University (M.B.A. Human Resource Management).
- an expert witness listed with the Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA).
- the first diversity consultant/trainer on the internet, reaching millions with his website www.diversitydtg.com
- an executive coach brought in to coach executives 1:1.
- a nationally recognized author appearing in local, regional, and national publications including American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) publications, the Managing Diversity newsletter, and Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- a teacher at American University, a past part-time faculty member with the Johns Hopkins University, visiting lecturer with The George Washington University, and instructor for Howard Community and Baltimore City Community Colleges.
- a recent guest commentator on nationally recognized Hispanic Today and Curtis Court T.V. shows.
- featured all over the United States in magazines such as Training Magazine, Landscape News, NM Pro, The Scientist, Overhaul & Maintenance, Graduating Engineer, and Baltimore Business Journal and newspapers such as the Baltimore Sun, Daily Record, Washington Times, New York Times, and Supermarket News.
- the past Area II Diversity Director for SHRM, and the editor of the newsletter, “Diversity Alive.”
- a presenter at national diversity conferences sponsored by Society for Human Resource Management, International Quality and Productivity Center and Linkage International.
- founder of a new company recently formed - Harassment Prevention Specialists,
Mauricio is a former human resource generalist and also served as a demographic researcher for the Internal Revenue Service where he first anticipated the rise of diversity inside and outside the workplace. He has had the good fortune to work with Dr. W. Edwards Deming, Peter F. Drucker, and Jerry Harvey. Mauricio credits much of his interest in human resource management and the earning of his MBA to their influences.
Mauricio has trained over 250,000 employees, managers, and executives in the areas of diversity, gender equity, mentoring, and multicultural marketing and selling.